WINNIPEG — Manitoba reported 25 new cases of COVID-19 (coronavirus) on Tuesday, bringing the provincial total to 56,943.
One additional death was also reported:
• A man in his 40s from the Winnipeg health region linked to the B.1.1.7 (alpha) variant of concern
Health officials say there are 982 active cases, 54,798 people have recovered, and 51 people are in the hospital with active COVID-19 cases, including nine in the intensive care unit. The death toll in the province is 1,163.
Tuesday’s cases include:
• 0 new cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region
• 4 new cases in the Northern health region
• 1 new case in the Prairie Mountain Health region
• 7 new cases in the Southern Health region
• 13 new cases in the Winnipeg health region
972 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 847,831.
Further information on COVID-19 can be found at Manitoba.ca/covid19.