WINNIPEG — Manitoba reported 53 new cases of COVID-19 (coronavirus) on Wednesday, bringing the provincial total to 56,987.
No additional deaths were reported.
Health officials say there are 981 active cases, 54,843 people have recovered, and 48 people are in the hospital with active COVID-19 cases, including nine in the intensive care unit. The death toll in the province is 1,163.
Wednesday’s cases include:
- 10 new cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region
- 0 new cases in the Northern health region
- one new case in the Prairie Mountain Health region
- 11 new cases in the Southern Health region
- 31 new cases in the Winnipeg health region
1,548 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 849,532.
Further information on COVID-19 can be found at Manitoba.ca/covid19.