WINNIPEG — Manitoba reported 42 new cases of COVID-19 (coronavirus) on Thursday, bringing the provincial total to 57,028.
One additional death was also reported:
• A woman in her 70s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to an unspecified variant of concern
Health officials say there are 973 active cases, 54,891 people have recovered, and 43 people are in the hospital with active COVID-19 cases, including nine in the intensive care unit. The death toll in the province is 1,164.
Thursday’s cases include:
• 18 new cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region
• 2 new cases in the Northern health region
• 5 new cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region
• 3 new cases in the Southern Health region
• 14 new cases in the Winnipeg health region
1,596 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 851,231.
Anyone with COVID-19 symptoms is encouraged to use the online screening tool to determine whether they meet the necessary criteria to attend a community testing site.
Further information on COVID-19 can be found at Manitoba.ca/covid19.