WINNIPEG — Manitoba reported 39 new cases of COVID-19 (coronavirus) on Friday, bringing the provincial total to 57,065.
Health officials say there are 958 active cases, 54,943 people have recovered, and 37 people are in the hospital with active COVID-19 cases, including nine in the intensive care unit. The death toll in the province is 1,164.
Friday’s cases include:
• 10 new cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region
• 2 new cases in the Northern health region
• 3 new cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region
• 9 new cases in the Southern Health region
• 15 new cases in the Winnipeg health region
1,579 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 852,858.
Anyone with COVID-19 symptoms is encouraged to use the online screening tool to determine whether they meet the necessary criteria to attend a community testing site.
Further information on COVID-19 can be found at Manitoba.ca/covid19.