WINNIPEG — Manitoba reported 39 new cases of COVID-19 (coronavirus) on Friday, bringing the provincial total to 57,065.
Health officials say there are 958 active cases, 54,943 people have recovered, and 37 people are in the hospital with active COVID-19 cases, including nine in the intensive care unit. The death toll in the province is 1,164.
Friday’s cases include:
• 10 new cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region
• 2 new cases in the Northern health region
• 3 new cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region
• 9 new cases in the Southern Health region
• 15 new cases in the Winnipeg health region
1,579 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 852,858.
Further information on COVID-19 can be found at Manitoba.ca/covid19.