WINNIPEG — Manitoba reported 37 new cases of COVID-19 (coronavirus) on Monday, bringing the provincial total to 57,204.
One additional death was also reported:
• A man in his 60s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 (alpha) variant of concern
Dr. Jazz Atwal, deputy chief provincial public health officer, says there are 922 active cases, 55,117 people have recovered, and 36 people are in the hospital with active COVID-19 cases, including nine in the intensive care unit. The death toll in the province is 1,165.
Monday’s cases include:
• 8 new cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region
• 0 new cases in the Northern health region
• 0 new cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region
• 8 new cases in the Southern Health region
• 21 new cases in the Winnipeg health region
1,265 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 856,827.
Watch Monday’s media briefing:
Further information on COVID-19 can be found at Manitoba.ca/covid19.