WINNIPEG — Manitoba reported 36 new cases of COVID-19 (coronavirus) on Tuesday, bringing the provincial total to 57,236.
Health officials say there are 909 active cases, 55,162 people have recovered, and 31 people are in the hospital with active COVID-19 cases, including 11 in the intensive care unit. The death toll in the province is 1,165.
Tuesday’s cases include:
• 5 new cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region
• 4 new cases in the Northern health region
• 3 new cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region
• 11 new cases in the Southern Health region
• 13 new cases in the Winnipeg health region
1,053 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 857,884.
Anyone with COVID-19 symptoms is encouraged to use the online screening tool to determine whether they meet the necessary criteria to attend a community testing site.
Further information on COVID-19 can be found at Manitoba.ca/covid19.