WINNIPEG — Manitoba reported 41 new cases of COVID-19 (coronavirus) on Friday, bringing the provincial total to 57,359.
Three additional deaths were also reported:
• A woman in her 60s from the Prairie Mountain Health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern
• A man in his 80s from the Southern Health region, linked to an unspecified variant of concern
• A woman in her 60s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern
Health officials say there are 537 active cases, 55,652 people have recovered, and 28 people are in the hospital with active COVID-19 cases, including eight in the intensive care unit. The death toll in the province is 1,170.
Friday’s cases include:
• 19 new cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region
• 2 new cases in the Northern health region
• 3 new cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region
• 4 new cases in the Southern Health region
• 13 new cases in the Winnipeg health region
1,496 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 862,833.
Further information on COVID-19 can be found at Manitoba.ca/covid19.