WINNIPEG — Manitoba reported 47 new cases of COVID-19 (coronavirus) on Thursday, bringing the provincial total to 57,548.
Two additional deaths were also reported:
• A woman in her 40s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 (alpha) variant of concern
• A woman in her 70s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the alpha variant of concern
Health officials say there are 526 active cases, 55,845 people have recovered, and 35 people are in the hospital with active COVID-19 cases, including 10 in the intensive care unit. The death toll in the province is 1,177.
Thursday’s cases include:
• 21 new cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region
• 6 new cases in the Northern health region
• 1 new case in the Prairie Mountain Health region
• 6 new cases in the Southern Health region
• 13 new cases in the Winnipeg health region
1,673 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 871,465.
Further information on COVID-19 can be found at Manitoba.ca/covid19.