WINNIPEG — Manitoba reported 46 new cases of COVID-19 (coronavirus) on Friday, bringing the provincial total to 57,593.
One additional death was also reported:
• A woman in her 60s from the Southern Health region
Health officials say there are 542 active cases, 55,873 people have recovered, and 34 people are in the hospital with active COVID-19 cases, including nine in the intensive care unit. The death toll in the province is 1,178.
Friday’s cases include:
• 12 new cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region
• 17 new cases in the Northern health region
• 1 new case in the Prairie Mountain Health region
• 4 new cases in the Southern Health region
• 12 new cases in the Winnipeg health region
1,613 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 873,199.
Further information on COVID-19 can be found at Manitoba.ca/covid19.