WINNIPEG — The city is providing food trucks and area businesses with additional access by closing a portion of King Street to vehicles every weekend in August.
Starting tomorrow, July 31 at 5 a.m. until Sunday, August 1 at midnight, King Street between Bannatyne Avenue and William Avenue, will be temporarily closed.
The city says the closures will allow local businesses and food trucks more space to operate near Old Market Square. In the past year and a half, most businesses have suffered financially due to ongoing pandemic restrictions and a reduction in foot traffic.
For the ensuing weekends, the closure will begin on Friday at 6 p.m. and last until Sunday at midnight.
The street closure dates and times are as follows:
- Saturday, July 31 at 5 a.m. to Sunday, August 1 at midnight
- Friday, August 6 at 6 p.m. to Sunday, August 8 at midnight
- Friday, August 13 at 6 p.m. to Sunday, August 15 at midnight
- Friday, August 20 at 6 p.m. to Sunday, August 22 at midnight
- Friday, August 27 at 6 p.m. to Sunday, August 29 at midnight
Motorists should use alternate routes and allow additional travel time to get to their destinations.