WINNIPEG — Manitoba reported 37 new cases of COVID-19 (coronavirus) on Thursday, bringing the provincial total to 57,739.
Two additional deaths were also reported:
• A man in his 50s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 (alpha) variant of concern
• A woman in her 60s from the Interlake-Eastern health region, linked to an unspecified variant of concern
Health officials say there are 528 active cases, 56,028 people have recovered, and 29 people are in the hospital with active COVID-19 cases, including four in the intensive care unit. The death toll in the province is 1,183.
Thursday’s cases also include 17 cases on Wednesday, Aug. 4, and 37 cases today, for a total of 54:
• 22 new cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region
• 1 new case in the Northern health region
• 1 new case in the Prairie Mountain Health region
• 8 new cases in the Southern Health region
• 22 new cases in the Winnipeg health region
1,815 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 880,959.
Further information on COVID-19 can be found at Manitoba.ca/covid19.