WINNIPEG — Manitoba reported 25 new cases of COVID-19 (coronavirus) on Monday, bringing the provincial total to 57,860.
One additional death was also reported:
• A woman in her 60s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to an unspecified variant of concern.
Health officials say there are 568 active cases, 56,108 people have recovered, and 32 people are in the hospital with active COVID-19 cases, including six in the intensive care unit. The death toll in the province is 1,184.
Since Friday, August 6, 128 new cases of the virus have been identified: 29 cases on Friday; 29 cases on Saturday, Aug. 7; 45 cases on Sunday, Aug. 8; and 25 cases Monday, Aug. 9.
Monday’s cases include:
• 3 new cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region
• 4 new cases in the Northern health region
• 2 new cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region
• 8 new cases in the Southern Health region
• 8 new cases in the Winnipeg health region
1,332 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 886,674.
Further information on COVID-19 can be found at Manitoba.ca/covid19.