WINNIPEG — Manitoba reported 34 new cases of COVID-19 (coronavirus) on Thursday, bringing the provincial total to 57,951.
Two additional deaths were also reported:
• A woman in her 50s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 (alpha) variant of concern
• A man in his 90s from the Southern Health region, linked to an unspecified variant of concern
Health officials say there are 586 active cases, 56,181 people have recovered, and 19 people are in the hospital with active COVID-19 cases, including two in the intensive care unit. The death toll in the province is 1,184.
As of 9:30 a.m. today, 101 new cases of the virus have been identified since Tuesday: 31 cases on Tuesday, Aug.10, 36 cases Wednesday, Aug. 11 and 34 today.
Thursday’s cases include:
• 5 new cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region
• 1 new case in the Northern health region
• 3 new cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region
• 6 new cases in the Southern Health region
• 19 new cases in the Winnipeg health region
1,590 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 891,397.
Further information on COVID-19 can be found at Manitoba.ca/covid19.