WINNIPEG — Manitoba reported 107 new cases of COVID-19 (coronavirus) on Thursday, bringing the provincial total to 61,900.
Two additional deaths were also reported:
- A man in his 40s from the Southern Health region (reported Thursday) linked to an unspecified variant of concern
- A woman in her 50s from the Northern health region (reported Thursday) linked to an unspecified variant of concern
Health officials say there are 962 active cases, 59,712 people have recovered, and 59 people are in the hospital with active COVID-19 cases, including 12 in the intensive care unit. The death toll in the province is 1,226.
186 new cases of the virus have been identified since Tuesday: 79 cases on Wed., Oct 13; 107 cases today. This includes:
- 15 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region
- 69 cases in the Northern health region
- 17 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region
- 48 cases in the Southern Health region
- 37 cases in the Winnipeg health region
2,573 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 1,042,375.
Further information on COVID-19 can be found at Manitoba.ca/covid19.