WINNIPEG — Manitoba reported 92 new cases of COVID-19 (coronavirus) on Thursday, bringing the provincial total to 62,469.
Four additional deaths were also reported:
- A woman in her 90s from Prairie Mountain health region (reported Tuesday) linked to an unspecified variant of concern
- A man in his 50s from the Northern health region (reported Tuesday) linked to an unspecified variant of concern
- A woman in her 60s from Winnipeg health region (reported Tuesday) linked to an unspecified variant of concern
- A man in his 80s from Southern Health region (reported Wednesday) linked to an unspecified variant of concern
Health officials say there are 926 active cases, 60,308 people have recovered, and 56 people are in the hospital with active COVID-19 cases, including 17 in the intensive care unit. The death toll in the province is 1,235.
245 new cases of the virus have been identified since Monday: 102 cases on Tuesday, Oct 19; 51 cases Wednesday, Oct 20 and 92 cases today. This includes:
- 16 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region
- 57 cases in the Northern health region
- 20 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region
- 102 cases in the Southern Health region
- 50 cases in the Winnipeg health region
3,208 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 1,062,342.
Further information on COVID-19 can be found at Manitoba.ca/covid19.