WINNIPEG — Manitoba reported 239 new cases of COVID-19 (coronavirus) on Friday, bringing the provincial total to 70,785.
Three additional deaths were also reported:
- A man in his 30s from the Interlake-Eastern health region (reported Thursday)
- A woman in her 50 from the Northern health region (reported Thursday)
- A man in his 80s from the Prairie Mountain Health region (reported Friday)
Health officials say there are 1,799 active cases, 67,626 people have recovered, and 84 people are in the hospital with active COVID-19 cases, including 24 in the intensive care unit. The death toll in the province is 1,360.
As of 9:30 a.m. today, 457 new cases of the virus have been identified since Wednesday: 218 cases on Thursday, Dec. 16; and 239 cases today. This includes:
- 27 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region
- 50 cases in the Northern health region
- 57 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region
- 107 cases in the Southern Health region
- 216 cases in the Winnipeg health region
3,553 laboratory tests were completed yesterday bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 1,224,739.
Further information on COVID-19 can be found at Manitoba.ca/covid19.