Home » News » Candle to Blame in Bannatyne Avenue Fire

Candle to Blame in Bannatyne Avenue Fire

September 10, 2023 9:20 AM | News


Firetruck

(FILE)

The Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service says a candle was the cause of an accidental fire in the 500 block of Bannatyne Avenue on Saturday.

Crews responded to a two-storey home at around 2:18 p.m. to find smoke within the residence.

They quickly extinguished the blaze and found an unattended candle to be the culprit.

No injuries were reported and all occupants self-evacuated before firefighters arrived.

No damage estimates are available.

The WFPS advises people to never leave lit candles unattended and to blow candles out when you leave the room or go to bed.


Meta has been blocking Canadian news from its platforms, Facebook and Instagram, since August 1, 2023 in response to Canada’s Online News Act. To ensure you don’t miss the local news that matters to you, please subscribe to our free daily e-mail newsletter and add ChrisD.ca to your bookmarks and smartphone home screen. You can also follow us on Google News.