WINNIPEG — TELUS is spearheading a new community investment initiative to support local youth in the province.
Through the TELUS Manitoba Community Board, $350,000 in grants will be awarded annually to local registered charities to help youth success through the power of technology.
The contribution is part of TELUS’ $1 million commitment this year for community investment in the province.
The new board will be led by Dave Johnston as chair, retired president and COO of Great West Life’s Canadian Division.
Other members of the board include:
- Ida Albo, Managing Partner, Fort Garry Hotel and Owner of Yoga Public
- Gail Asper, President, The Asper Foundation
- Dr. Gervan Fearon, President, Brandon University
- Rick Frost, CEO, The Winnipeg Foundation
- Annitta Stenning, President and CEO, CancerCare Manitoba Foundation
The board will accept grant applications three times per year and select those they feel have the most impact.