The Winnipeg Jets say this season’s special promotions will see everything from giveaways to raising awareness to fight cancer.
The season’s game promos have been announced, and here are some highlights:
- The first Winnipeg Jets Hall of Fame Induction Night will see the Hot Line of Anders Hedberg, Bobby Hull and Ulf Nilsson added on Oct. 19 agains the Toronto Maple Leafs
- The Tim Hortons NHL Heritge Classic takes place at IGF OCt. 22 and 23, and the Jets will wear also their Heritage Classic jerseys on Jan. 9 and Mar. 19
- The team will skate out with special jerseys against the Chicago Blackhawks on Nov. 15 and the jerseys will be auctioned in support of CancerCare Manitoba
- The Jets will raise awareness about mental illness on Feb. 28
- The annual toy drive will happen Dec. 18, and the food drive will be on Jan. 21
- The team will wear military themed jerseys during pre-game warm up Mar. 6, which will be auctioned off for Canadian Armed Forces charities
Like giveaways? “The Jets will feature 11 exciting giveaways during the 2016-17 regular season including a new bobblehead on Mar. 30 vs. Anaheim as Jets fans will be able to add Mark Scheifele to their bobblehead collection,” reads a statement from the club. “The first giveaway of the season will happen on opening night when the Jets host the Carolina Hurricanes on Oct. 13. That night, fans will receive a glow wand and fridge magnet schedule. The Jets will have a poster giveaway this season on January 24th that will recognize the Winnipeg Jets’ representative(s) at this season’s NHL All-Star Game. This season, the Jets will celebrate Winnipeg’s hockey history with four special heritage giveaways on Dec. 15, Jan. 9, Feb. 7 and Mar. 6.”
ChrisD.ca is Winnipeg's only independent digital news outlet, producing reliable journalism and localized content since 2007. As we grow as a company, so do our expenses into creating the news, sports and entertainment coverage you've come to expect from us. We ask that if you enjoyed reading this article that you consider making a small donation towards our efforts. It would be greatly appreciated in helping us reinvest to expand our reach and hire additional freelance reporters and photographers. Thank you!