By Tyler Sutherland
Five Manitoba community organizations have received a combined $430,000 for their initiatives from Federated Co-operatives Limited.
Through the Co-op Community Spaces Program, 27 community-based recreation, conservation and urban agriculture projects across British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba received funding.
This year’s local recipients include:
- Sanford Community Green Space: Sanford, Manitoba — $25,000
- Arborg Arena Project: Arborg, Manitoba — $30,000
- Energy Retrofit and Renovation of Interpretive Centre: Winnipeg, Manitoba — $125,000
- Wildlife Haven Education Centre: Île-des-Chênes, Manitoba — $125,000
- MBFI Learning Centre of Excellence: Brandon, Manitoba — $125,000
Since launching in 2015, Co-op Community Spaces has provided $4.5 million to more than 60 projects, including parks, community gardens and sports fields.
The full list is available at coopconnection.ca.