Home » News » Oil on Stove Ignites Winnipeg Blaze on College Avenue

Oil on Stove Ignites Winnipeg Blaze on College Avenue

April 21, 2019 10:55 AM | News

  • 44
    Shares

Firetrucks

(UFFW 867 / FILE)

An unattended pot of oil on a stove was the cause of a fire at a two-storey home on Saturday evening.

Winnipeg fire crews were called to the 800 block of College Avenue shortly after 7:30 p.m. and encountered heavy smoke and flames.

The Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service says the home suffered significant fire, smoke and water damage. Neither of the neighbouring homes was damaged.

Everyone inside was able to make it out safely and no injuries were reported.

The WFPS says residents are reminded to always stay in the kitchen while cooking.


  • 44
    Shares