WINNIPEG — Fourteen police officers from across Manitoba have been honoured by the province for outstanding service and contributions to their communities.
The officers are recipients of the Excellence in Law Enforcement awards, which were presented Thursday evening at the Manitoba Association of Chiefs of Police (MACP) Excellence in Policing Awards dinner.
This year’s recipients are:
• Const. Michel Latreille, Brandon Police Service (BPS);
• Const. Shawn Haggarty, BPS;
• Const. Myran Hamm, BPS;
• Sgt. Brian Chrupalo, Winnipeg Police Service (WPS);
• Const. Kevin Birkett, WPS;
• Franklin Henry McKay (retired), WPS and Dakota Ojibway Tribal Council Police;
• Insp. Doug Roxburgh, WPS;
• Sgt. Robert Hodyr, Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP);
• Sgt. Carrie Kennedy, RCMP;
• Sgt. Eugene Yewchuk, RCMP;
• Cpl. Shane Flanagan, RCMP;
• Staff Sgt. Beryl Lewis, RCMP;
• Insp. Rob Lasson, RCMP; and
• Const. Tyler Delaronde, Manitoba First Nations Police Service.
“The officers we pay tribute to today put themselves in harm’s way to protect Manitobans and make our communities safer for everyone,” said Justice Minister Cliff Cullen.
“They have served with distinction and it’s an honour to recognize their contributions with the Excellence in Law Enforcement Award.”