WINNIPEG — Manitoba reported 335 new cases of COVID-19 (coronavirus) on Tuesday, bringing the provincial total to 45,913.
One additional death was also reported:
• A man in his 70s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern
Health officials say there are 4,543 active cases, 40,358 people have recovered, and 216 people are in the hospital with active COVID-19 cases, including 51 in the intensive care unit. The death toll in the province is 1,012.
Tuesday’s cases include:
• 26 cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region
• 25 cases in the Northern health region
• 14 cases in the Prairie Mountain health region
• 29 cases in the Southern Health region
• 241 cases in the Winnipeg health region
2,893 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 728,129.
Further information on COVID-19 can be found at Manitoba.ca/covid19.