By Tyler Sutherland
Halloween falls on a Saturday this year, which may mean the kiddies will get to stay out a bit later than usual. Staying out late, or not, it’s all about safety.
The Winnipeg Police Service sent out some safety tips earlier this week, and while most are probably familiar with all of them, it never hurts to get a refresher lesson.
- Children should never trick and treat alone. Adult supervision is best.
- Never let children eat treats until you have inspected them thoroughly.
- Have your children stick to specific time limits and planned routes.
- Children should walk on the sidewalks and look both ways before crossing the street.
- All costumes should be light colored, fireproof, proper fitting and comfortable.
- Masks should not impair vision.
And kids, try not to jump on vehicles, like these people did on Sunday.