WINNIPEG — Manitoba reported 22 new cases of COVID-19 (coronavirus) on Tuesday, bringing the provincial total to 57,691.
Three additional deaths were also reported:
• A man in his 60s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 (alpha) variant of concern
• A man in his 60s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to an unspecified variant of concern
• A man in his 80s from Southern Health–Santé Sud health region, linked to an unspecified variant of concern
Health officials say there are 528 active cases, 55,982 people have recovered, and 35 people are in the hospital with active COVID-19 cases, including six in the intensive care unit. The death toll in the province is 1,181.
Tuesday’s cases also include 27 cases on Saturday, July 31; 34 cases on Sunday, Aug. 1; 18 cases Monday, for a total of 101:
• 24 new cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region
• 7 new cases in the Northern health region
• 3 new cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region
• 18 new cases in the Southern Health region
• 49 new cases in the Winnipeg health region
1,345 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 878,040.
Further information on COVID-19 can be found at Manitoba.ca/covid19.