By Tyler Sutherland
Country music fans will rejoice in their annual music fest in Dauphin beginning July 2. The four day festival has been sold out for months now and many fans are still trying to get their hands on tickets. A quick check of the Facebook marketplace turned up several pairs, but as a word of caution, be careful that these tickets are actually legitimate. You’d hate to drive several hours and then be turned away.
Here is my list from last year on what you should take with you if you happen to be attending Countryfest this year:
- Bug spray – to kill those pesky skeeters.
- Large plastic tarp – to cover your belongings on the campsite in case it rains.
- Lots of beer – if you can’t remember the weekend, it means it was worth the admission price.
- Custom t-shirts – identify your drinking crew by wearing matching uniforms and show ‘em who represents.
- Camera / video camera – if you’re not going to remember the weekend or be conscious for most of it, take some pictures for later. Nothing like humiliating yourself on Facebook when you get home.
Sometimes it can be one big mud fest out there if it rains. Throw in a pair of rubber boots while you’re putting your stuff together.
And the most important thing to note — be responsible, stay safe, don’t drink and drive, etc. Come home in one piece basically.