By Sarah Klein
A leaking propane tank from a BBQ caused a fire that destroyed two cottages on Willow Island over the weekend.
The fire broke out Saturday afternoon in the RM of Gimli when one cottage erupted into the flames, later spreading to a neighbouring structure.
Both properties were completely destroyed. No injuries were reported.
RCMP say damage estimates aren’t yet available.
Willow Island is about 90 kilometres north of Winnipeg.
ChrisD.ca is Winnipeg's only independent digital news outlet, producing reliable journalism and localized content since 2007. As we grow as a company, so do our expenses into creating the news, sports and entertainment coverage you've come to expect from us. We ask that if you enjoyed reading this article that you consider making a small donation towards our efforts. It would be greatly appreciated in helping us reinvest to expand our reach and hire additional freelance reporters and photographers. Thank you!