WINNIPEG — Manitoba reported 133 new cases of COVID-19 (coronavirus) on Monday, bringing the provincial total to 26,450.
Three additional deaths were also announced:
• A man in his 80s from the Prairie Mountain Health region, linked to the outbreak at McCreary/Alonsa Health Centre
• A woman in her 80s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to an outbreak at Bethania Mennonite Personal Care Home
Dr. Brent Roussin, chief provincial public health officer, says there are 3,414 active cases, 22,295 people have recovered, and 162 people are in the hospital, including 21 in the intensive care unit. Seven hundred and forty people have died.
Monday’s cases include:
• 34 cases in the Northern health region
• 28 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region
• 13 cases in the Southern Health region
• 47 cases in the Winnipeg health region
Laboratory testing numbers show 1,566 tests were completed yesterday bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 440,532.
Watch Monday’s media briefing:
Further information on COVID-19 can be found at Manitoba.ca/covid19.