WINNIPEG — Manitoba reported 89 new cases of COVID-19 (coronavirus) on Monday, bringing the provincial total to 29,651.
Three additional deaths were also announced:
• A man in his 80s from the Southern Health region, linked to an outbreak at the Heritage Life Personal Care Home in Niverville
• A woman in her 80s from the Winnipeg health region
Dr. Brent Roussin, chief provincial public health officer, says there are 3,466 active cases, 25,353 people have recovered, and 104 people are in the hospital, including 27 in the intensive care unit. The death toll in the province is 832.
Monday’s cases include:
• 42 cases in the Northern health region
• 3 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region
• 4 cases in the Southern Health region
• 18 cases in the Winnipeg health region
Laboratory testing numbers show 1,603 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 478,810.
Watch Monday’s media briefing:
Further information on COVID-19 can be found at Manitoba.ca/covid19.