WINNIPEG — Manitoba reported 123 new cases of COVID-19 (coronavirus) on Wednesday, bringing the provincial total to 55,589.
Three additional deaths were also reported:
• A man in his 60s from the Southern Health linked to the B.1.1.7 (alpha) variant of concern
• A man in his 60s from the Winnipeg health region linked to the B.1.1.7 (alpha) variant of concern
• A man in his 70s from the Winnipeg health region linked to the B.1.1.7 (alpha) variant of concern
Health officials say there are 1,789 active cases, 52,668 people have recovered, and 121 people are in the hospital with active COVID-19 cases, including 34 in the intensive care unit. The death toll in the province is 1,132.
Wednesday’s cases include:
• 12 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region
• 22 cases in the Northern health region
• 9 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region
• 16 cases in the Southern Health region
• 64 cases in the Winnipeg health region
2,013 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 819,809.
Further information on COVID-19 can be found at Manitoba.ca/covid19.